Monday 21 May 2018

No Ordinary Day Off!!


What do film-makers do in their time off?  You may wonder!
Well, if you have been able to look at the background information on Team Holland you might have noticed their involvement with the Aisle O'var Backswording Clubbe.  I can tell you this training club is quite a wonderful thing.  It is very far from being just a bunch of folk with swords.  Through patient guidance, precise discipline and first-class teaching and training methods (I am a long practicing Life-Long Learning teacher, so I feel confident to say all this),  Team Holland are at the heart of the lives of Aisle O'var members of all ages, from all walks of life, and with all manner of personal goals to meet.

SO - I was invited to the annual Aisle O'var banquet this weekend and I am so glad I went Not only did I meet some of the walk-on and action actors who are going to enrich our Heartsfelled production for us, but I also witnessed the great respect, camaraderie and team spirit that this particular group engender. 

The theme for the night was Star Wars, so much costume, and lightsaber japery ensued.

.... Oh and I ate good roast hog (sorry was that roasted Banther?), done on a proper open fire spit roaster, relished some fun Wookie Cookies, watched with glee as the teams played out games and battles.

My Point?  Yes - you've guessed it - what filmmakers do when they are having some time off is they make films!  It is always a privilege to see our Director of Photography, Zak and our Choreographer / Co-Director Pete when they are filming.  Their creative approaches always skillful .... even on a merry Saturday night in an orchard down in the Shires. 

http://backswording.webplus.net/


No comments:

Post a Comment