Wednesday 18 July 2018

The quiet before the storm!

Well, I went on a trip to visit family in Cornwall.  Pete, Zak and Tina went off to be filmed, make films and compete in some pretty awe inspiring swords play contests and Julia is occupied with her puppies .... everybody from the opening sequences shoot has m elted away for a while.

But now I'm back in my studio and I have new costumes to get ready.  To be more precise I now need to model the masks for the three demons,

  • the Silken Tretraw, This is a a wolf demon that dries up the land and prevents crop growth) ;  
  • the Thirsty Higghorþ (​pronounced High-hoarth), this is a golden wild-boar demon which makes its living by drinking all the oxygen and goodness from the air as in an extreme heat wave when the air and the earth are dry and barren ); and 
  • the Miserable Maghmaugh [​pron: maw-maw] this is a dwimor or ghost but also based on a wild stag (hjort)  which dries out all the water and sacred wells.
Designing and creating these has been an ongoing project - now it's time to bring them to completion and, well, release my inner demons!!
Of course when I'm ready I'll let you have a quick look.
Don't forget to "follow" our blog.
In the mean-time don't forget you can support us by getting yourself  a copy of the saga poem upon which this film is based here.

No comments:

Post a Comment