Sunday 29 July 2018

Establishing sequence, soundtrack . . .

I have not been into a sound studio for such a long time.  Luckily for the engineer, I didn't burst into song as soon as I stood in front of the microphone!  But - yeay - we have a voice-over track ready to be spliced to the opening sequences and our film is making progress in a very positive way.
      My excursion was very exciting.  I drove out into the open countryside on a perfect, sunshine day.  The scenery resolved from the rural to the just plain 'wild', and so wide open John Ford could have made a feature out there! So I trundled along, wondering what the session would be like.
     My visit to the studio couldn't have been sweeter and I can only thank award-winning producer, performer, multi-instrumentalist and audio/visual technician Carl Frearson of Solo Recording Studios for making it so easy.  Carl and I have never met before, but he could not have made me feel more welcome.  Apart from the mysterious ringing drums (!) we didn't have a hitch and the session was over all too soon.  I look forward to going back there with Heartsfelled himself in the future.
    As it's an introductory sequence there really are no secrets.  I hope the effect will be to leave you feeling like you want to know and see more. So, you can visit the "under development" website click through the slides and listen to the track here.
Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment